I'm back from a wonderful weekend in Phoenix for Sparkle Bella. (You can see my Sparkle Bella class above on the left side). As usually when the Bella teachers meet up, we laughed, played and encouraged each other all weekend long. I really love those girls. I had already typed up a wonderful (and long) recap of the weekend which I lost when my Internet ran into problems. So this write up won't be too long, as I have to go make supper. But I wanted to thank a few special people for going above and beyond this weekend:
- Diane: the owner of Melrose Vintage (they're working on a website) my favorite home decor store in all of Phoenix who hosted a wonderful meet & greet reception for the Bella attendees and a few other industry gals who live in the area but wouldn't be coming to Sparkle Bella. (For some gorgeous photos of Melrose Vintage check out Kim's post here.)
- Marti: The owner of Scrapbooks Etc., the fabulous store who hosted Sparkle Bella. Thanks for your belief in our event!
- All the attendees: Thanks for your enthusiasm, willingness to experiment, and kindness that you showed to each of us as instructors. You spoiled us, and gosh - darn, it felt nice!!!
- To Teresa, Kim and Marilyn: It was a delight and honor to teach with you again (or for the first time Marilyn). Here's to doing it again!
As usual, when the Bellas get together we do some serious shopping and gift giving. Here's a quick list of what I brought home with me (much of which is in the photo above):
- a new doll head (THANKS Kim!)
- a beautiful pink barn star (from Melrose Vintage) which will probably be finding a home in my studio someday soon.
- some yummy Tropical Bath gel and lotion (thanks Kim!)
- four super cute notebooks from Kim Caldwell (boy does that girl know how to wrap a gift!)
- a new Steph Miller tote bag (made of the most wonderfully scrumptious chenille) and a cute makeup pouch.
- Some fabulous vintage trims from SAS, Diane's, and Amy Totty (thanks Amy!)
- A sweet smelling candle from Susan. Can't wait to burn it.
- Gorgeous crystal buttons which I'm sure will be showing up in class kits at a Bella event in the future.
- A pink bucketful of Amuse Artstamps goodness from the fabulous Michelle White. Thanks my dear!
- An adorable fourth of July home decor item from the crafty Judy Dotson. Thanks for your kindness, it's adorable.
- A treasure trove of beads and baubles from Tina Higgins who was beyond generous with all the attendees of the weekend by giving away a huge lot of goodies to everyone. What a dear!
I hope I didn't forget anyone. Hopefully not, lol!
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.