Carolyn thanks you for your interest in attending “La Dolce Vita”, a creative lifestyle retreat located in the Tuscan countryside. There will only be room for a small number of attendees, so be sure to act fast to secure your place!
We are pleased to be offering this retreat in partnership with e20Toscani, a Siena, Italy based Travel agent who will administer and fulfill the accommodation and chartered bus bookings for "La Dolce Vita".
YOUR TUITION PAYMENTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• 7 nights accommodation in a double or triple occupancy room, in one of 3 apartments at Bichi Borghesi. (Fulfilled by e20Toscani) Click here to read more about Bichi Borghesi and the apartments.
• One tour of our host estate "Tenuta Bichi Borghesi", and their centuries old private, family church.
• A bathrobe to use during your stay at Bichi Borghesi.
• 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 6 dinners (included in this number is the welcome banquet and farewell dinner party). Click here for more information about our meals together.
• One small plate evening reception.
• One "Food & Wine" cooking lesson hosted by Giovanna Hipting and Count Andrea d'Elci. The lesson will concentrate on fresh, organic food and seasonal products. Click here to read about the cooking classes. In addition to the chef who will lead the cooking portion of the lesson, we will also have local sommelier on hand who will offer wine parings and a tasting lesson.
• One "Celebration of the Simple Foods of Tuscany" cooking lesson with local cookbook author and food blogger, Giulia Scarpaleggia. Click here to read about the cooking classes.
• One "Hand Tossed Pizza" mini-lesson.
• One keynote address by Jo Packham where she will talk about her journey as a woman entrepreneur and inspire us all with her drive to support creative business women.
• One photo styling workshop with Jo Packham and one of her "Where Women Create™" photographers. Click here for more information about the workshops.
• One floral arranging workshop with Silvia of IL BOUQUET – Laboratorio Floreale. Click here for more information about the workshops.
• A short 10 minute photo-shoot for a new headshot. Click here to read more about the photography.
• A day trip to the Arezzo antique market. (We kindly ask you to keep in mind that we are planning many months in advance, so there is always the possibility, however unlikely, that the market may change dates. If so, we will make arrangements to visit a different antique market.) Click here for more information about the antique market.
• A morning visit to the Siena local (non-antique) market. It is one of the largest markets of the region where the locals do much of their shopping for housewares, clothing and shoes. It is always beloved by retreat attendees for its great selection of European fashion and good prices.
• The opportunity to meet several Italian foodies, creatives, and artisan entrepreneurs featured in upcoming issues of Where Women Cook, Where Women Create and Where Women Create Business. Hear their stories, share memories, and don’t forget to ask them to sign your copy of the issue with their personal feature.
• Chartered bus transfers to and from the scheduled excursions on our itinerary. (Fulfilled by e20Toscani.)
• Goodie bags and many special extra surprises.
• The opportunity to meet women from around the world who all share similar interests and a curiosity about art and life.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
• Airfare, including any baggage fees.
• Transfers to/from the airport to Bichi Borghesi, our event location. (We have a service which we will recommend to you, and anticipate that attendees will try to organize amongst themselves to try and ride-share in order to reduce costs.)
• Insurance of any kind (cancellation, medical, etc.) for the trip.
• Meals outside of those listed on the retreat itinerary.
To register, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-ups will be accepted in the order the emails are received, beginning at 9:00AM PST. If you are registering together with a friend, we recommend that you send the information for both of you in one email so that you ensure that your booking is linked together.
Upon receiving your registration email, we will reply letting you know if there is a spot available. If there is, you will be forwarded the retreat contracts from e20Toscani and Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios for your review. You will have 48 hours to review them and confirm your registration. Once you confirm, we will instruct you on how to proceed in the registration process.
Payments to e20Toscani will be accepted by credit card, and payments to Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios will be accepted by cheque. Payment options will be discussed with any non-US clients upon registration.
Your initial payment, which is due immediately upon registration, is €445 payable to e20Toscani.
After your payment to e20Toscani, which reserves your spot, we have 4 options for paying your balance to Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios:
1) You can pay your balance in total $2795 to Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios, and €445 payable to e20Toscani.
2) You can pay in two, $1397.50 payments. The first payment is due by October 1, 2016 and the second due on February 1, 2017. When these payments are added to the €445 which is due immediately upon registration, it equals the total due of €445 to e20Toscani and $2795 to Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios.
3) You can pay with four, $698.75 payments. The first payment is due October 1, 2016, followed by the next $698.75 payments on December 1, 2016, February 1, 2017 and April 1, 2017. When these payments are added to the €445 which is due immediately upon registration, it equals the total due of €445 to e20Toscani and $2795 to Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios.
4) You can pay with eight payments. Your first payment is due September 15, 2016. The following 7 payments are due on the first of each month beginning October 1, 2016. Your first payment will be $359, and the other 7 payments will be $348. Installment payments will run through April 1, 2017. This will make a total of eight payments. When these payments are added to the €445 which is due immediately upon registration, it equals the total due of €445 to e20Toscani and $2795 to Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios.
Both e20Toscani and Carolyn Peeler Creative Studios have a very firm cancellation policy. Once you are registered, your payments are non refundable. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you purchase cancellation insurance from your local travel/insurance company. However, if for any reason your plans change after you have registered, your spot IS fully transferable until April 1, 2017. Upon registration, attendees will be given the retreat contract to read and sign. The complete details of the cancellation policy can be read there.